I’m a 33 year-old customer service manager for Walmart living in Cincinnati, Ohio. I like cats, technology, science, and learning in general. I’m a certified computer technician with two mostly useless CompTIA certificates (A+ and Network+), but mostly do that kind of work on the side. I make a comfortable enough living as a CSM, so I keep doing that. I unfortunately had to give away my cat recently, on a date exactly 2 years after giving away my last cat. It sucks, but it’s for the greater good. I’m a gadgetphile and I own way too many of them, although I’ve gotten this under more control as of late, and I’ve slowed my “buying of dumb shit” habit quite a bit.
I love metal and rap music, as well as rock and its variations and sub-genres. and consider myself a bit of an amateur audiophile/snob-type person. I’m very particular when it comes to headphones, although as of late I’ve been leaning more heavily into using Bluetooth, since my last three phones (Razer Phone 2, Google Pixel 2 XL, and Essential PH-1) have not had 3.5mm jacks. Therefore I’ve been rocking some Jabra Elite 65ts, and I also use my Sennheiser Momentum HD1 In-Ears, as well as some Anker SoundBuds Flow where audio quality isn’t super important (or when the Sennheisers are dead).
As for my gaming PC… well, here are its specs, because I know some of you will enjoy them:
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
- RAM: 16GB G. Skill Ripjaws V DDR-2400 (in dual-channel configuration)
- GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti
- 2 SSDs: An AData 128GB m.2 SATA containing Windows 10 Pro, and a Mushin Enhanced ECO2 512GB for games. I’ve also added a 3TB SATA 3 Seagate BarraCuda for storage of all other shit, as well as less load heavy games. Plus a 2TB cloud drive from pCloud (with a super secret encrypted folder! 👀)
- Network Connectivity: On-board gigabit ethernet and a generic Bluetooth 4.1 USB dongle
- Keyboard and Mouse: A Razor Ornata Chroma keyboard and a Razor DeathAdder Chroma
- Monitor: 32″ Samsung Curved 1080p gaming monitor as my primary and an LG 25″ Ultrawide (as in 2560×1080) as my secondary.
- I also have a Satin Red Blue Yeti mic with a pair of 1More Triple Driver On-Ear headphones for streaming/podcast editing/recording.
- All powered by an EVGA SuperNova 750w fully modular power supply packaged in a nice, plain, understated Corsair Carbide R100 case with enough fans to keep everything nice and cool.
Other random facts about me:
- I am a huge proponent of FOSS. I only use Windows because many of the games I play (like Skyrim) don’t work super well on Linux.
- I absolutely love astrophysics and astronomy. I don’t keep super up-to-date with the topics, but I love to read and learn more about advancements in the fields.
- I am a staunch atheist.
- At the highest amount, I have owned six cats.
- Bacon is love. Bacon is life.
- I am very creative, but also very lazy. I love to come up with stories and ideas, but I never write them down. It’s very frustrating sometimes.
- I curse. A lot. In fact, my favorite word is “fuck” and all of its variations.
Well, I think that’s everything. Whatever else there is to learn can be gleaned from my posts on here, my Twitter account, my podcast, and private conversations!