I’m a 31ish year-old customer service manager for Walmart living in Cincinnati, Ohio. I like cats, technology, science, and learning in general. I’m a certified computer technician with two mostly useless CompTIA certificates (A+ and Network+), but mostly do that kind of work on the side. I make a comfortable enough living as a CSM, so I keep doing that. I unfortunately had to give away my cat recently, on a date exactly 2 years after giving away my last cat. It sucks, but it’s for the greater good. I’m a gadgetphile and I own way too many of them, and I’m always on the lookout for more. Last year, I bought at least three cell phones, a myriad of game controllers, two keyboards, two computer mice, and a handful of upgrades for my PC, and we just started a new year. This is only going to get worse.
I love metal and rap music, as well as rock and its variations and sub-genres. and consider myself a bit of an amateur audiophile/snob-type person. I’m very particular when it comes to headphones, and I mostly prefer IEMs for their extreme portability. I currently rock a pair of Quad-Driver wired IEMs from 1More, which replaced their Triple Drivers IEMs (review coming soon), which are driven by a OnePlus 3T in soft gold, running OxygenOS 4.1.0, which is, of course, Android 7.1.1.
The headset in the picture on the left is the Sentey Symph gaming headset (which is apparently unavailable it seems), an exceptionally low-cost yet high quality USB 2.0 headset with a lot of nice features and very excellent sound. I very highly recommend it if you can find it. It’s plugged into my gaming PC (see specs listed below) and is in constant use, and has been for nearly a year with no issues whatsoever.
As for the PC… well, here are its specs:
- CPU: Intel Pentium Core i5-6500
- RAM: 16GB G. Skill Ripjaws V DDR-2400 (in dual-channel configuration)
- GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti
- 3 SSDs: A 120GB SanDisk Plus containing Windows 10 Pro, an AData Premier SP600 64GB containing my documents and Google Drive (the closest equivalent of hosting one’s “/home” partition on Linux on a separate drive I’m willing to come to), and one Mushin Enhanced ECO2 512GB for games. I’ve also added a 3TB SATA 3 Seagate BarraCuda for storage of all other shit, as well as less load heavy games.
- Network Connectivity: D-Link AC1200 Wireless PCI-X drop-in card and a generic Bluetooth 4.1 USB dongle
- Keyboard and Mouse: Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L Mem-chanical keyboard and a Razor DeathAdder Chroma
- Monitor: LG 25″ Ultrawide (as in 2560×1080) as my primary and a 22″ Sceptre 1080p monitor as my secondary.
- All powered by an EVGA SuperNova 750w fully modular power supply packaged in a nice, plain, understated Rosewill case with enough fans to keep everything nice and cool.
Other random facts about me:
- I am a huge proponent of FOSS. I only use Windows because many of the games I play (like Skyrim) don’t work super well on Linux.
- I absolutely love astrophysics and astronomy. I don’t keep super up-to-date with the topics, but I love to read and learn more about advancements in the fields.
- I am a staunch atheist.
- At the highest amount, I have owned six cats.
- Bacon is love. Bacon is life.
- I am very creative, but also very lazy. I love to come up with stories and ideas, but I never write them down. It’s very frustrating sometimes.
- I curse. A lot. In fact, my favorite word is “fuck” and all of its variations.
Well, I think that’s everything. Whatever else there is to learn can be gleaned from my posts on here, TWOJ, my Facebook page, and finally my Twitter account. Later!